Perform a variety of routine and complex transportation work in driving and coordinating transportation plans communicated by Team Lead.
Maintain and operate the vehicle in accordance with all laws and Reed’s Metals, LLC. policies and procedures.
Ensure that all loads are delivered safely, accurately, and timely to correct address without damage to customer/company property.
Use forklift to unload heavy material.
Collect payment from customer/company site and deliver all payments to front office.
Always take photos of each and every delivery/drop.
Report any accidents or damages immediately to Team Lead or office.
Ability to work in degrees of precision and control where damage could be considerable.
Attention and care required to prevent injury to yourself or others when performing work.
Ability to sit, stoop, bend, and/or stand for long periods of time.
Ability to maintain a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Valid Driver’s License, Class A CDL
5 years’ experience in driving minimum and clear driving record
Full knowledge of limitations and capacities of vehicle and trailer
Standing, walking, lifting 50 lbs. or more, pulling, pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, stooping, crouching, color determination, near acuity, speaking, listening
Driver must be able to pass a DOT regulation physical.
- This position is required to work in a manufacturing environment facility and motor vehicle.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts with risk of injury and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner according to company and OSHA safety guidelines.
- Wear the proper protective equipment as required.
For additional information, please contact:
Those interested can come right to the store and fill out an application. We are located at:
19 E. Lincoln Drive NE
Brookhaven, Mississippi 39601