Production Worker - Brookhaven, MS
To manufacture metal roofing, metal building, and pole barn trim by hand and by using mechanical breaks. Responsible for accurately loading customer orders, unloading shipments, and cleanliness of department.
- Ensure that all customer orders are loaded safely, accurately, and timely.
- Receive loading documents for jobs.
- Use forklift to handle heavy weight metal coils.
- Load customer vehicles with panel packs.
- Report inventory levels to management.
- Receive work orders for jobs from team lead.
- Follow work schedule to meet job completion times.
- Use shear and slitter to trim metal sheets to size.
- Bend metal according to patterns to make metal building and metal roofing trim.
- Ability to work in degrees of precision and control where damage could be considerable.
- Attention and care required to prevent injury to others when performing work.
- Ability to stoop, bend, stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree
- 2 years’ experience in fabrication/manufacturing preferred
- Standing, walking, lifting 50 lbs. or more, pulling, pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, stooping, crouching, color determination, near acuity, speaking, listening
- This position is required to work in a manufacturing environment facility.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts with risk of injury and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner according to company and OSHA safety guidelines.
- Wear the proper protective equipment as required