Production Worker - Horseshoe Beach, FL
To manufacture metal roofing, metal building, and pole barn trim by hand and by using mechanical breaks. Responsible for accurately loading customer orders, unloading shipments, and cleanliness of department.
- Ensure that all customer orders are loaded safely, accurately, and timely.
- Receive loading documents for jobs.
- Use forklift to handle heavy weight metal coils.
- Load customer vehicles with panel packs.
- Report inventory levels to management.
- Receive work orders for jobs from team lead.
- Follow work schedule to meet job completion times.
- Use shear and slitter to trim metal sheets to size.
- Bend metal according to patterns to make metal building and metal roofing trim.
- Ability to work in degrees of precision and control where damage could be considerable.
- Attention and care required to prevent injury to others when performing work.
- Ability to stoop, bend, stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree
- 2 years’ experience in fabrication/manufacturing preferred
- Standing, walking, lifting 50 lbs. or more, pulling, pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, stooping, crouching, color determination, near acuity, speaking, listening
- This position is required to work in a manufacturing environment facility.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts with risk of injury and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner according to company and OSHA safety guidelines.
- Wear the proper protective equipment as required