Sales Representative - Benton, AR
Showcase and sell products while meeting customer needs and exceeding customer expectations.
- Market Reed’s Metals complete product and service offering.
- Seek opportunities to expand and grow Reed’s Metals customer base and business.
- Respond quickly and professionally to all customer inquiries regardless of source (i.e. phone, fax, email, web lead, walk-in, etc.)
- Serve as a consultant, advising the customer on the best solution to their needs, making sure they consider alternatives when appropriate and educating as to best products and practices.
- Maintain records of all customer engagements including notes and quotes for later reference.
- Utilize the software tools provided by Reed’s Metals in order to respond consistently and professionally to customer needs. (MetalEZ, MBS, PostFrame Manager, Galv-Econ Worksheet)
- Complete contracts with customers as applicable.
- Work closely with Operations and Manufacturing to ensure all customer requirements are known and customer needs are met.
- Achieve sales targets.
- Monitor competitive pricing and products, and keep management informed.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management.
- Be responsible for scheduled in-store or on-site/trade show hours.
- Maintain a professional appearance, wearing Reed’s Metals logo apparel.
- Maintain product knowledge through training and hands-on opportunities and by studying vendor literature.
- Protect the integrity and the assets of Reed’s Metals and approach all engagements in an ethical and a fiscally responsible manner.
- Customer service.
- Meeting sales goals.
- Closing skills.
- Product knowledge.
- Ability to work with precision in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention and care required to prevent errors.
- Ability to stoop, bend, stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- Good presentation skills.
Education Requirements / Preferences:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree required.
- BA/BS University degree with a concentration in marketing, promotions, advertising sales, or business administration preferred.
Experience Requirements / Preferences:
- Five years’ experience in sales and/or marketing required.
- Five years of industry sales experience preferred.